4950 Wilshire Boulevard
PLEASE SEE OUR COMPANION HISTORIES
FOR AN INTRODUCTION TO WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, CLICK HERE
While residential Wilshire had begun its rapid decline more than 20 years before, a new house appeared on the thoroughfare in early 1946, the effort of prolific developer Fritz B. Burns to give returning veterans and their families a three-dimensional view of their domestic futures. Burns was forward-thinking enough to have modernist architects Walter Wurdeman and Welton Becket design the house, which remains today at the southeast corner of Wilshire and Highland. Its full story will be told in due course.